Tuesday, November 25, 2008

lost pressies...

I was sorting through the pressies I'd already bought yesterday and realised I've lost 2....we're hoping they are in the house somewhere.. who knows where I've put them...I had such a headache yesterday thinking about it... and if I have lost them I hope someone that deserved them found them IYKWIM. ( it was just a small part of Ems pressies) I have this feeling that I put them into a cloth shopping bag that was sitting in the kitchen...and then some things were taken to the opp shop.... so hoping that it wasn't put in there.

Just reading about how the Government want Melbourne water users to cut down on their water usage...to 155 litres a day, they say that cutting shower back from 7 mins to 4 mins will save around 42 litres.....we've been doing this for ages...!!! I'm pretty sure that we were already on stage 4 before they went to stage 3...so it's about time they went to stage 4 anyway.. we hardly water our garden, (we have natives) and if we do...it's with tank water.. even though we have been given certain days we can use tap water to do so.. and what the heck is with all the swimming pools and slip and slide things still selling in the shops..don't you think it rather selfish to fill a swimming pool, for personal use.
The Government need to toughen up on this I think rather than pussyfooting about .

The weekends are starting to fill up fast now...I think this coming weekend is the only spare one...best I make the most of it huh

2 comments:

Melissa Antolovic said...

I don't understand the swimmingpool thing (next door put one in last year I haven't seen them put a tank in though (maybe I missed it - I hope I did)

We already have cut back our water to an average 95 litres each going by the current bill we can't do much more - maybe some people haven't even tried to cut back

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm with you on the swimming pool thing.
MONK