Saturday, June 27, 2009

made some yummy cupcakes

PINEAPPLE CUPCAKES WITH CREAM FROSTING


(I've doubled this recipe as it was written to make 12 small cupcakes)

4 slices of tinned pineapple
12 tablespoons of butter
170g S.R flour
170g caster sugar
2 large eggs (beaten)
2 tablespoons of pineapple juice

Finely chop pineapple pieces. Put Sugar and butter into a bowl and mix together until creamy, add the beaten eggs then fold in the flour using a metal spoon. Fold in pineapple pieces and juice.

Spoon mixture into cupcake papers and place into a preheated oven (180c/350f) for 20 minutes.

FROSTING
(the frosting I didn't double ..there was enough )

2 tablespoons butter
100g soft cream cheese
grated lemon or lime rind (I used lime)
100g icing sugar
1 teaspoon lime or lemon juice (again I used lime)

whisk the butter and cream cheese together in a bowl...mix in the rind and juice and sifted icing sugar.

refrigerate ...

1 comment:

Ngaire said...

These sound really yummy! I want to try and make them while I am on holidays!