Friday, June 22, 2007

shepherds pie flaming...

lmao... I asked a question on a cooking website about shepherds pie and said something like shepherds pie was made with lamb mince....boy was that WRONG thing to do....I got 2.....not just 1 full page lectures about how 'real' shepherds pie IS still made with lamb mince.....and the shepherds pie I refer to is not shepherds pie but something else entirely...lol ....I will continue to make SHEPHERDS PIE the way I have been shown how to make it and I will continue to call it SHEPHERDS PIE.....yes indeedy...

updated the music again.... it's The Long Ryders -Lookig for Lewis and Clark... yet more music from the 80's ...I love 80's music

The kids are back safe and sound after their trip into Melbourne on Monday.....arriving there just after it went into shut down after the shooting...boy there would have been some tense parents back here on that day...!!!

I'm in a scrapping mood lately ...wonder how long thats gonna last this time.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Ignore the cooking nazis. We make Shepherds Pie with lamb mince, but we also add carrot, zucchini, kidney beans, tomatoes, mushrooms and corn as well as an assortment of herbs. As far as I'm concened if it has meat on the bottom and potato on the top, it's Shepherds Pie!

Jess

Ngaire said...

I always make shepherds pie with beef mince on the bottom and potato on the top. Does it really matter if it is lamb or beef mince? YOu might want to use chicken! I am with Jess! Ignore the nazis!

Hannah said...

huh - ive always had it with beef mince - I guess lamb mince would make more sense.