Monday, November 13, 2006

Trivia night

it's over... thank goodness !

I was a bit of work leading up to it ... considering that there is only 3-4 of us on the committe.... then we only had 36 people turn up... which wasn't too bad...so we thought for our first (and may last) trivia night... we only made almost $500 after costs.. We do much better on our Wine and Chocolate nights.....and its not as much work.

Most of our prizes went except 2 chopping boards then two of the girls bought them... so everything's gone...yay...no more storing stuff under my bed..

Mark was bidding on an electric wok which ended up going for $22.... bargain huh... our friends got a family pass to Sovereign Hill for $23....which is worth about $90 I think..

Ok this does sound odd I know... as I was one of the organizers.... but I honestly did win some scrapping vouchers on a silent auction, donated by Blue Bazaar.... thanks Luise and Greg.


The kids are almost ready for camp on Wednesday.... I was a bit upset last night about it... they are all going to be gone.... !! ..Eric bought home a note today that said... parents are welcome to come and wave the children off...but there is to be no obvious cheering....lmao..

5 comments:

Melissa Antolovic said...

LOL about the cheering Liz, and you know once they come back you'll probably be wishing they were still at camp. Enjoy the peace and quiet - Does Mark have too work?

Anonymous said...

LMOAS

That is too funny.
Are you kidding about having all your kids gone for a few days, how blissful. No running around getting them to and from things - you can have a sleep in. And imagine all the scrapping time you will have. I'm so jelous.

Ngaire said...

He he he. Dont you feel sorry for the teachers though?

Jess said...

Sounds like bliss to me! DH took the boys camping on the weekend, it was only a bit over 24 hours, but it was heaven! Of course, it helped that Ange came to keep me company and we sat up scrapping until 4:00am!!!! :O

Jess

Coby said...

Liz, enjoy your peaceful time. I agree, what a hoot about the cheering!! LOL