Saturday, May 05, 2007

families !! *sigh*

we get a phone call last weekend....asking for our address...so they can send us an invite...to a family event... we received the invite in the mail on Wednesday....which states that it starts at 1.30-2.00pm..

I rang to explain that erics football game was on...and that we'd be a little late as it starts at 11.30.. finishes roughly 12.30.. by the time you get out and hom its probably 1ish....and for the last 2 weekends its been cold and wet out on the ground. ...we'd need to go home and change...etc.. then it would probably take us roughly 40 mins to get to their place...
On Friday we were told that the footy starts half an hour later...12noon...so that puts us back half hour getting to the family thing..
I msg'd to explain...never heard back...so not knowing if they'd got my msg...I rang...while talking. on the phone... I heard their daughter (16 yr old) yelling out in the back ground... 'why bother comming then' or something to those words.... the person I was talking to wouldn't repeat what the daughter had said.... when I asked her to...this kid has no respect...if one of my kids had yelled out...something like that...I'd give them what for...and then they'd have to apologize.... but ohhhh no... it was a big joke wasn't it... GRRRRRR... we are at the moment feeling like 'why the heck should we go.. but if we don't we are going to be the bastards'

Could you imagine if you were 16 and said something like that to an adult....be it family or not.... my god my mum would have slapped me one... but then I don't think the thought would have even entered my head to speak like that...

sorry for the ramble...

3 comments:

Ngaire said...

I would have got a backhander straight back at me.
Very very rude.
Sometimes family who treat you like that arent worth the bother are they?

Melissa Antolovic said...

you need one of those phones where you can reach down the line and give a wack! Was it little miss rudes event or was she just budding in? Oh gosh i hope they dn't read this or maybe they should!

Coby said...

Oh dear. You can't choose your family, but I'll bet you wished you could on this occasion!! What a cheeky girl.

Coby