Wednesday, May 28, 2008

17th birthday

Today's Daves 17th birthday... no pressies today he got it the other day...we put an ipod on layby with some other bits and with some cash that he got off the family he picked it up off layby.
Happy birthday Davo

Karen and the kids are coming around after for cake and coffee...and Marks just gone to work so we stuck a candle in a muffin and sang happy birthday....good idea 'cos it's less candles to blow out.

The tiling is coming along nicely...still dust everywhere though but it's gonna look fab onces its finished.

So much for me working...lmao....on my 2nd day I was shown how to use the shreader....I had to collect buckets from the hot house bring them back to the shed and shread the leaves of the bottom of the stems. I'd done about 15-16 buckets of flowers and was told that I was not quick enough...I was wasting time...I'd just started getting the hang of it too..lol Not too many not too few in the bunch and swipe.. The gloves I had were cloth ....so my hands were getting pricked non stop...especially on the white roses..
I told the dude that I start a course in June and he said ok so you want to finish up today.. so I did ..they can stick their F'ing roses thorns an' all.

We just made a chocolate cake with diet coke...I've been wanting to make one for awhile...not sure of the taste as yet....looks very moist...so shouldn't be too bad..hopefully.

No comments: