Tuesday, March 25, 2008

campin'

We went camping at Torrumbarry on the Murray over Easter with some friends, Torrumbarry is about a 15-20 minute drive from Echuca. The weaterh was hot..and dry...and there were sooooooo many freakin' flies.

Everything was covered in dust and smelt of smoke...so I've lots of washing to do. Eric got bit by 3 bull ants ...he was standing on a chip that they were snacking on..lucky we had some ice and tea tree oil with us.

The mud looked a green colour when it was smeared all over the kids faces...and it actually stained their skin ...it sort of looks like a fake tan...lol..some of their clothes are stained from it too.

This is where we were camping....there's me in the red top...sitting on my arse..



this is where the kids were swimming...there were steps cut out...in the dirt all the way down to the water..




Billie formally known as Bilbo...laid 2 eggs in 3 days...this is the 2nd one... how tiny is it !!.... the next day I was out shopping and found some candy coated eggs...(they were brownish) but the same size...and decided to trick David...he was somewhere else in the house and I yelled out to him...oh look another egg...and he came to look and I said to him I wonder what would happen if I did this....and threw the egg into my mouth...the look on Davids face was priceless.....it was like eww what the heck are you doing you stupid old woman.




some chilli I made the other week.....in my new pan from 'chef's toolbox' (pictured with out the lid)... (this is about a kilo of mince)

I'm thinking I need the utensils to go with this..





1 comment:

Ngaire said...

Eeek. I am not really a fan of camping and I dont think I would go to well at camping at Torrumbary!!!! I would much rather stay in one of the resorts at Moama!!!!

That is too funny about the kids bird!!
And that chilli looks sooooooo yummy!