Monday, April 14, 2008

poodles ....eww

I hadn't bought any mags for ages, but bought 2 mags the other day an English one 'card makers year book' (might get some ideas for cards from here) and 'scrapbooks etc'.

Yesterday I went to Marks nieces to a Flaschengeist party, where you sample different liqueurs and spirits. they also had some wines (we didn't' sample these) and some oils and vinegars there was one that was very nice but it's not on the list I have...it was something caramelised...mmm.. and on a sheet of paper mark the ones you like as you try them, then at the end you choose which one/s you want to buy and then you have to choose what type of bottle you want it in.
Some of the samples were not great..but then everyones tastes differ..huh !!

I thought the strawberry schnapps was ok...but might get a little sickly as milk drinks do.
Vodka lemon lime daiquri was ok
I didn't try the Blackcurrant vodka, Fig & vodka liqueur, chocolate tawny port nor the lychee liqueur (after watching the faces of the girls sitting opposite us...lol..they said it tasted like flowers)

Mango liqueur and the melon liqueur (which was like Midori) were nice

Wasn't keen on Limoncello, cognac and walnut liqueur (sort of tasted like nutella), turkish delight liqueur, tiramisu liqueur, coffee nut whip liqueur and chocolate vodka. (very fake choc taste IYKWIM)

You are probably going to say 'eww' when I tell you what I've ordered...I thought the same thing till I tasted them... whisky liqueur with a double shot of caramel (got this in a heart shaped bottle 250 ml) and honey brandy (the bottle is called 'sonata' 110ml) which you can see here. I'm not a brandy drinker normally...it usually makes me go...'hurgggg' but this was very smooth.

If I don't drink them myself ...I will look very smart anyway when I offer you a drink of whisky with a double shot of caramel or a honey brandy !!!...they are dearer than a normal bottle shop... and not as much in quantity..but you have to kind of expect that at a party plan I think....I only spent $40.

ooh I did love the round 'O' shaped bottle called 'odyse' but it was out of stock.


Week 271
I say ... and you think ... ?

Silence :: shhhh
Wall :: of china
Killed :: da wabbit
Wishful :: thinking
Poodle :: ewww (but labradoodles are cute)
Sullen :: gloomy?
Do not disturb :: go away
Philadelphia :: cheese
Anticipation :: antici ---pation (rocky horror)
Sidewalk :: sally crawling down the alley (lyrics from a rose tattoo song)


ooh I've been invited to join a group run by a friend for a 70 day challenge.
I think we are taking before and after shots and will do meaurements and weights. I'm not dieting as such... because I know I won't stick to it...so I will go back to the plan of picking 5 -6 things and sticking to it.

wish me luck.

No comments: