Thursday, August 30, 2007

3 S's (sickies, shopping and scrapping)

Emily has gone back to school today after having 3 days off with a cough and temperature...she kindly shared those germs with Mark...who is now as sick as a dog...he hasn't smoked for 3 days !!
He says it feels like he's broken some ribs from coughing.

Eric fell at school on Monday (insert me rolling my eyes here) and landed on his arm, this time his right arm. ..It seems fine...he must have just jarred it..thank goodness.

We are going out for tea tonight with a friend (Karyn) and her 3 kids...will be nice not to have to cook and worry about the dishes.

Ohhhhh and Mark Seymour has another acoustic album 'Titanic' coming out ....you can pre order at JB Hi Fi online....love his acoustic albums.

Yesterday I was a bit norty and had a bit of a spend up... hee hee I bought myself some new clear stamps.... information one -fontwerks, some mini alpha's- sassafras lass, they look cute stamped stitches - fontwerks cos I can't drive the sewing machine..lol

Also called into Rays Tent City... to look at their esky's... we saw a big one in the Big W catalogue for $125 ( i think) ....in Rays the same size was about $20 dearer....but by the time I drove to the nearest Big W anyways... I would have only saved about $10....but....using Marks 'Rays discount card' I ended up only paying $112 .. He's going to love it.. it's one of those ones on wheels with the pull along handle.
It's going to be great for when we go camping again...and just to put booze and meat in for bbqs...
This is his Fathers day pressie...as well as what ever the kids find at the Fathers day stall at school today.




This idea I stole for Lee Woodside (ok it's not going to be as snazzy as hers ...but I love the idea of what she's doing with her journal)

Oh and I tried reading 'Emma' ...couldn't get into it...it just seems ...ummm 'bleah' (2 of my sisters will disagree) so I started reading 'Mao's last dancer'... I've only read one chapter so far but it's great !!

4 comments:

Melissa Antolovic said...

hi Liz!

Love the journal page!

Melissa Antolovic said...

damn - no speakers at work- i love that song!

SJ said...

Mark Seymore - was he in Crowded House? Or was that Nick Seymore? Who is Mark Seymore?

:)

leewoodside said...

Hi Liz,
Love the start of your journal! Looking forward to seeing more of your pages.